Updated: Jan 22
Happy New Year! It’s a new beginning to a NEW YOU! We have a new year to recognize and to unlock our dreams. So let’s get started.
To UNLOCK is to give access to something. It is to reveal something. And DREAMS, that’s God tapping on your “door” with ideas to let you know about something that is already yours.
We can unlock our dreams when we know the process and use the key, the key is
F. A. I. T. H.
1. FAITH in God. Use it and realize that we have the Faith of God.
Realize by spending time listening and learning God’s voice. Remember God speaks to us in ideas. Faith reaches beyond hope; Faith overcomes fear. Know that nothing has to change in your environment for you to begin to unlock your dreams. Unlocking begins on the inside.
2. ASK. We ask through our attention, our wanting, not necessarily using spoken words. Thoughts are things that have strong vibrations and feelings are so very important.
“When we desire something that we do not believe is possible, we are not in alignment. When there is something that you want and you are feeling unhappy that you do not have it, you are not in alignment; when you see someone who currently has the very thing you desire and you feel jealous, you are not in alignment.”
And GIVE THANKS, at the same time, for as Charles Fillmore writes, “the highest form of prayer is to open our mind and quietly realize that the one omnipresent intelligence knows our thoughts and instantly answers even before we have audibly expressed our desires. This being true, we should ask and at the same time give thanks that we have already received.”
3. IMAGINATION. Call it, use it, add detail after detail. We have to allow ourselves to select. Florence Scovel Shinn writes the object of the game of life is to see clearly one’s good and to obliterate all mental pictures of blockages. Love the dream as if we already have it. Be intentional calling on Love for that brings from impression to expression.
4. TRUST God. Use our Power of Wisdom to follow God’s guidance as to our actions.
5. HOLD on. Call on our Power of Strength to hold on when it is tough going, on our Power of Understanding knowing that God stands under all, and on Renunciation, to release all thoughts and feelings that would begin to close the door and block the manifestation of our dream. Remember we cannot hold onto old, tired, limiting thoughts and step into what is yet to be.
by Rev. Jacqueline Triche Atkins, J.D.